Aims and Objectives of the Programme Module
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competencies to use mathematical concepts and relationships to solve real life mathematical problems that may be experienced in their personal life, educational life and work life.
- To provide clarity around different kinds of numbers, including fractions, percentages, decimals, natural numbers, integers, and real numbers that people are exposed to everyday
- To develop mathematical skills and understanding to support use of maths in real life situations
- To create an awareness of the functions of a calculator and develop competency in using a calculator
- To consider the concept of algebra and its use in daily life
- To create an awareness of the presence of data in daily life and to collect, organise, present and interpret data in a practical manner
- To consider the concept of shape and space and practically apply these concepts to solving mathematical problems relating to area and volume